Fragrance Girl

Perfume Review: Tahitian Gardenia Body Butter by Pacifica

Went on the hunt for some fig fragrances today. The local Fresh and Wild store stocks a loveable Pacifica solid fig fragrance. I had finally managed to find a justification to make the investment. Well, I tried the solid fig tester but it was incredibly mild. I had the feeling that it wouldn't even last until I got out of the shop. So I gave it a miss.

However, Pacifica's Tahitian Gardenia fragrance also caught my eye a while back. One of the babies has got incredibly dry skin. I managed to convince myself that this "Natural Paraben-Free" body butter would be a perfect cure for sensitive, winter-weary, baby skin. It's much easier to justify buying a cream rather than a perfume. A bottle of perfume is more or less always pure indulgence.

Now that I'm at home looking more closely at the label, I think it might have been a bit of a swizz. The packaging says, "Botanical ingredients include shea and mango..". It doesn't actually say that it's all botanical. It also says, "No animal testing, animal ingredients or artificial colors". Hmm — so artificial everything else then?

Now, it's true to say that I have no clue what gardenia smells like. But, handily the tin says, "An intoxicating scent.." (Strange use of intoxicating. Is that like noxious scent alert?) Anyway, "blah blah blah... An intoxicating scent reminiscent of jasmine and a hint of orange flowers". And it certainly does have that distinctive "white flower accord " type feel. Think La Chasse aux Papillons and you're half way there.

Well, I still feel a bit conned out of good money for something that's not entirely natural. However, the fragrance is enough to keep me out of trouble until my Lucky Scent jasmine frenzy arrives. Still waiting! It's not here yet, but I'm ever hopeful.

The postman did ring the doorbell today. But it was only to deliver the White Patchouli for this week's give away. Grr.