Fragrance Girl

my Best and Worst Fragrances


Since I’ve been writing this blog I’ve come across perfumes that I love and ones that I would be happy never to smell again. Here are some of my tips for a selection of the best fragrances available:
my Best Fragrances
1. For Her – Narciso Rodriguez My husband took the hint and bought this for me for Christmas. I love it so much I want to drink it. Puts a spring in your step – a true happy fragrance.

2. Flora – Gucci I tried this again the other day and it’s a light, fresh floral fragrance with a strong apple note. Lovely.

3. Rush – Gucci A beautiful sexy fragrance curiously disguised in a horrid 80’s red plastic box.
4. Chinatown – Bond no. 9
A sophisticated fragrance that gives you a sexy, confident aroma.

5. Coco Mademoiselle A young Chanel fragrance that has been extremely successful for all the right reasons.

6. Cool Water by Davidoff
This was created by the same perfumer as Serge Lutens's Feminite du Bois. Cool Water is a classic that's worth trying.
my Worst Fragrances
1. Dune – Chanel This was given to me as a Christmas present. I haven’t reviewed it yet but definitely not something I will be wearing.
2. Rive Gauche – Yves Saint Laurent Although I didn’t give it an overly negative review, this fragrance is one that I can’t stand.

3. L’Eau Ambree – Prada The advertising is fabulous. I really wanted to like L’Eau Ambree. Amber is one of the basenotes that I’ve discovered that I have to run a mile from.
4. Knize Ten – Knize This male fragrance may have a lot of history, but I’d be happy never to smell it again. Grim.
5. Secretions Magnifiques – Etat Libre D’Orange After I’d made the mistake of actually applying this to my skin I had to throw the tester tube away. Unbearable. Can’t even pretend that I find it interesting. A bin job.