Fragrance Girl

Rumeur – Lanvin

Although it’s not considered highbrow in perfume terms – I’m a big fan of fruity florals. There I’ve admitted it. They’re cute and fresh and brighten up even the darkest days of winter. And let’s face it there are a lot of winter days to come. So I’m all up for anything that makes you want to skip down the street.
Rumeur comes in odd packaging. The shape of the bottle is reminiscent of a bottle of whisky. And the lid has a sort of ring pull – which adds to the salty sea dog character. I wasn’t sure what to expect. But whatever it was, I was pleasantly surprised.

The first elements of Rumeur are a juicy pink grapefruit, followed up by sparkling florals. It manages to bypass any synthetic sweetness. In a nutshell Rumeur is the equivalent to Flora Gucci for the budget buyer. At only £9 for a 30ml bottle, Rumeur is a bargain, that I for one will be snapping up this winter.

OsMoz describes Rumeur as top notes of Magnolia, Aldehydes and Fruity Note. Heart notes of White Rose, Jasmine and Mock Orange. Base notes of Patchouli, Musk and Ambrox. Yesterday I complained about the aldehydes and amber in VC&A’s First. Rumeur is very similarly constructed – aldehydes in the top notes and ambrox in the base notes. However Rumeur manages to be a much lighter, fresher and younger fragrance. To my nose, the aldehydes and ambrox are imperceptible.

Rumeur was created by Francis Kurkdjian. Kurkdjian is, by no coincidence, the co-creator of Narciso Rodriguez For Her – another celebrated sparkling floral.

At such great value – my recommends this as a fragrance to brighten up anybody’s January.