Fragrance Girl

Cinnamon chip cheese Danish ~

Well, hello again babies!!

Did you all have a nice Labor Day Weekend?
We did.
Isn't Labor Day when you're supposed to relax all weekend??
Not here!
We had a guest over the weekend:

This darling Chihuahua girl is Evie. She's about a month older than Kash and they are the same size. Kash gets to have a couple days of daycare at Evie's house each week, and they just LOVE each other. They rough house non-stop. This was one of the few nap sessions during the weekend. Can you see Kash crashed out on her cushion in the corner?? Awwww.

I also did LOTS of yard work, and Fall fussing on my (now clean) front porch.

Don't tell me for a second you haven't done this either. :-)
I love my new benches. They sat unfinished in my garage for weeks. I also finished one to sit at the farm table, I will show you how that turned out soon.
Lot's more Fall fussing to come!
*SQUEE*
FALL!!!!

But now, I'm distracted by this treat, as it is lunch time here.

'Scuse me while I wipe the drool from my face.

Who's hungry?
Who loves a delicious pastry?
Who love a delicious EASY pastry?
THIS CHICK!!

I found the original idea for this tasty treat on Pinterest, and switched it up.

These are about as easy as it gets, and so delicious.

Cinnamon chip cheese Danish:

  • 1 can of crescent rolls
  • 1 8oz package of cream cheese at room tempurature
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • Hersheys cinnamon chips to taste
Unroll the crescent rolls and press the creases closed. Better yet, get the crescent sheets instead of rolls, my store didn't have the sheets. Mix the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Spread onto the crescent dough. Sprinkle as many cinnamon chips as you'd like. We prefer less, some would prefer more, whatever floats your pastry boat. Then roll the dough up into a cylinder, wrap in plastic wrap and place back in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours. Chilling the cylinder will set the cheese and make them easier to slice. I chilled mine for about 6 hours. Preheat your oven to 400. Slice the dough into about 1/2 inch slices, then place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for about 12-14 minutes, just until they start to brown. Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.

I DARE ya to wait until these cool down. I TRIPLE DOG DARE YA!!

We liked these better than the originals.
The brown sugar gave them such a rich flavor that works so well with the cinnamon chips.
These are so perfect for a cool Fall day.
With your morning coffee, afternoon tea, milk and even some hot cocoa before bed.

You probably already have all the ingredients in your fridge and pantry.
Think of all the amazing variations you can make with this!
Go... make ya some right now!

ENJOY!!

XOXO