Fragrance Girl

Welcome back!! ~

Babies!!
HELLO!!!

How was your Summer??
Enjoy all the time with your littles?
Glad school is back in session?? hehe

Our Summer was lovely.
Hot, crazy, sometimes lazy, (mostly crazy) and wonderful!
We did lots of nothing until...

This.

Meet Kashmir.

On June 19th I walked into the office to find a co-worker with this tiny (and by tiny, I mean 3 lbs) puppy in his arms that he said he found wandering around the parking lot.
She was dirty, terrified and starving.
First thing I did was drive her up to our vets office and have them check her for a microchip.
No luck.
So, she came back to the office, we fed her and cleaned her up the best we could.
I took her home to keep her safe while we looked for her owners.
Well, after 3 weeks of not being able to find them, she was named and is now a part of our family forever.

She is a Cairn Terrier mix and at the time of this writing, is 4 1/2 months old.
She is so quiet, hardly makes a sound. She is attached to me like velcro and has some separation issues when we have to leave her to go to work.

She is a Terrier, and it's in her blood to hunt/chase small animals. This has been an ongoing issue at our house with the other 4 furry family members.
Max is such a good sport and handles it so well. I think Kash thinks Max is another dog (since he is 3 times her size) and just wants to play all day. Max is super cool about how obnoxious she can get with him. The other kids really detest her. Kash thinks if it's ok to chase one, it's ok to chase them all. I keep telling them to stop running and knock the tar out of her once or twice, and she will stop.
Ah well, this is the only issue we are having and will keep working on it.

Kash - "I love my kitties!"
Max - "If this thing touches me, ONE MORE TIME..."

Kash LOVES to help with the DIY

And loves to get dressed in frilly dresses -

Gives us a great excuse to get outside -

We love her to bits. She's adorable, funny, snugly, happy and A LOT of work!

The rest of the Card kids are doing well.
Max & Nala are awesome. Brandy's lung tumor isn't bothering her yet and Mira still has good days and bad days. We just take things one day at a time!

Also, the biggest thing to happen to me in a long time is this -

Yes, at my age I got braces.
And it's been miserable. Miserable I tell ya!!
Hopefully I'm over the hump of all the bad stuff.
One of my co-workers said:
"Oh! You got braces! They make you look REALLY young!!"
I've decided that I'm actually going to keep them FOR-EVER now.
Only 13 more months to go. Oh Lordy.

Life is good, and I'm ready for FALL!!

I've been working on a few small projects over the Summer.

Lets start with my favorite. The Master Bath.

Remember this??

Well, I almost did all these things.

First, and foremost, I painted all the baseboards and trim white. It makes such a HUGE difference.

Our home builder was lazy, and cheap. Every. Single. Surface was painted the same color. Come on now, baseboards and trim should be white for crying out loud!
This is the first room on the 2nd floor that I've painted the baseboards & trim. Half a meeeeellion left to go. Yay.

I was dead set on painting the cabinet, but Drew begged me not to and all my Facebook friends backed him up. They said to leave it be.
Well, ok. So instead, I added some gorgeous hardware that I picked up at Home Depot.

I could shop for cabinet hardware all day long.

Then, instead of building a built in bench, I moved the entry way bench upstairs.
I will replace it in the entry with a new one, later on. Stay tuned for THAT!

I took down the broken towel bar, and replaced it with a hook rack I had in the basement.
I also made the bench cushion with memory foam, velcro and some luscious yellow fabric that has a very small almost chevron texture and it's SO soft!
Look at Max, he approves! It's his new favorite hang out spot.

I had this super old, chippy window in my garage for probably 6 months now.

I bought the wording from The House of Smiths when they had their Black Friday sale last Thanksgiving. Yes, that long ago.
I had the dandelions made by a lovely young lady who lives in my community.

I found the gorgeous rug at...

Wait for it...

Walmart.
No lie.
Guess how much?

Wait...

$25 - I'M NOT LYING!!!

I didn't make, but attached the 2 darling shelves that I got from Target.

In the 'water closet' I added a shelf and some storage baskets for the necessities (TP and reading material) -

One of my favorites: Harry Potter.
Get it?
POT-ter??
I kill me.

Found this darling burlap hamper at Hobby Lobby. With the 40% off coupon it only ended up being like $15. SCORE! I would have loved a pair, but they only had one.

Here, have some more Kash.

So, it comes down to this:
Painted the baseboards & trim white: $0 (already had)
Shelves: $29
Rug: $25
Window art: $11
Hamper: $15
Storage: $13
Bench & cushion: $0 (already had everything)

Our master bath went from this to this:

And, this to this:

I'm loving how this turned out.

I wish I could just finally get the master bedroom looking respectable.
Why is it I've saved that for one of the last rooms?
Probably because it's big, and it needs a lot of stuff.
Most of it big ticket items, like dressers and furniture in general.
I'm sure it's going to take me more time than I'd like, but slowly I will get it done!

Glad to be back babies! Thanks for coming back and for all of your amazing support and love!

See you again soon!

XOXO