Fragrance Girl

Perfume Review: L'Air du Desert Marocain

Bloody Frida commented on the number of compliments she receives when she wears L'Air du Desert Marocain. That had me intrigued. Lo and behold, my husband gave me a compliment as soon as I'd applied a tiny dob of L'Air dDM.
This Andy Tauer creation is a long way away from my usual preferences. It's warm and smoky. There's amber and patchouli. According to OsMoz the notes are coriander, cumin, petit grain, rock rose, jasmine, cedar, vetiver and amber.
My nose isn't good enough to single out more than perhaps a couple of these notes. However, L'Air dDM did strongly remind me of elements of Tom Ford's Black Orchid.
L'Air du Desert Marocain is a lovely scent to try if you want to move into the world of smoky gourmands. However, if you want something slightly more accessible, then I would try the Hermes fragrance, Ambre Narguile first.