Fragrance Girl

Guest Post from Polish, Platforms, Perfume

It's been a week of guest posts. My third and final guest blogger of the week is Linds from Polish, Platforms, Perfume. I really appreciate the effort that all my guest bloggers have put in. It's great to be reminded that tastes and preferences vary hugely.
Many thanks to Linds for her gourmand contribution.
When I began to consider the possible topics I could write on for this post, the first thing that sprang to mind was a celebration of gourmands. If you’re not familiar with the term, gourmand perfumes focus on smells we associate with food (usually dessert elements such as vanilla, chocolate, and coffee). Even if you don’t know what a gourmand fragrance is, I’m sure you’ve smelled several of them. They are quite popular at the moment and several celebrity fragrances take the gourmand route in order to appeal to a wider audience. It is because of this, and the fact that gourmand fragrances are relatively new, that make them a divisive topic among perfume fans. Some find them juvenile and poorly made, a way for fragrance companies to churn out unimaginative juice solely for profit. While I agree that some gourmands are pretty terrible, there are just as many bright spots in the genre as in other fragrance groups. I love Orientals, and gourmands usually intersect with them in very interesting ways because they share similar notes. In fact, some of the finest perfumes out there, like Shalimar and Jicky, have gourmand elements. In order to highlight the quality and diversity that can be found in the gourmand group, I’ve picked my ten favorite foodie fragrances. 1) Thierry Mugler Angel 2) Parfumerie Generale Un Crime Exotique 3) Lostmarch Lann-Ael 4) L’Artisan Tea for Two 5) Hanae Mori Magical Moon 6) Ginestet Bortrytis 7) Guerlain Cuir Beluga 8) Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison 9) Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab Dorian 10) Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale