Fragrance Girl

You say it's your birthday ~

Hey, hey my nutty people!

How was your Christmas?!?! I hope it was amazing!

December is a crazy month around here. We have all the hoopla of Christmas, Drew's birthday is ON Christmas day (yes, you read that right.), Merry's birthday 4 days later and a Nephew with a birthday on New Year's Eve. WHEW!!

So, that means that today is Merry's big day. Even though she was spoiled on Christmas, I wanted to do something special for her. Nothing too big, but something. I've been thinking about making the following project for some time. And today was the time.

It was easy, and really inexpensive. I made her a cute little monogrammed tote to carry her books to and from church!

I picked all the needed items up at Wally-world:

This 3-pack of canvas bags was only $5.97!! HELLO?!?

This pack of 3 iron on transfers was also $5.97!! CRAZY! Like an idiot I messed up a whole 3 pack and had to go back for another. I just printed out a cutie little picture and added her initials. Easy Peasy.

I did the ironing on the kitchen island. Put the iron on the 'cotton' setting, place a cotton towel on the counter, place the bag on the towel and iron out any wrinkles, peel back the backing of the iron on, place it where you like on the bag, place another cotton towel over the bag and iron on and press until all edges and corners are adhered to the bag.

Yes, I DO own an iron. I've had this $10 jobie for 12 years now. Obviously I don't iron very much. :-)

And... wala!! A darling personalized gift!!

I'm going to make one for myself and Caeleigh monster for when she sleeps over. I love these. I hope Merry loves it too!!

Happy Birthday Merry!!

She loved her new tote!

XOXOXO

Linking to:

The Shabby Nest
The Not So Functional Housewife