Fragrance Girl

One big ole check off the 'to-do' list ~

I hope you all had a fabulous Memorial Day holiday! We were so very busy... not to mention sore. One of my biggest issues with our house has been dealt with. WE HAVE GRASS!! :-)

This is 3 years in the works. There was no way in Hell I was going to clean up a yard full of weeds again this summer. Here is our lovely yard just after we moved in:

After the fence was installed by Zion Fence:

And this is after it's been cleared of weeds. We get those evil tumble weeds. *shiver*

Our first attempt failed miserably. Yes, we tried to grow lawn from seed. HELLO?!?!? But, it's worth a try! Right?!?!? So, after that failed... I decided to bite the bullet and order sod. Easy... RIGHT?!?! Sure... when it's not one of the rainiest weeks on record! It rained so much for so long, no sod could even be cut! DRATS!! Foiled again! I mustered all the patience I had and prayed for a couple days without rain.

I got lucky, and our sod was delivered the Friday before Memorial Day. Not exactly how we wanted to spend a long weekend... but whatever gets it done!

Drew and I woke up early Saturday morning and got to work. Silly me thought I could get half the yard done before Drew even got out of bed and finished his coffee... oh ho ho... was I wrong!! Holy Mother of God those rolls of sod were heavy!!! Apparently, rolls are longer than flat pieces... therefore weighing a GAZILLION pounds! We whined and bitched but kept on going. As we were discussing our needing a break to take Kita in for chemo, our awesome neighbors came to our rescue and had the last 1/3 of the yard done in a matter of 15 minutes.

Finished product to come...