Fragrance Girl

Kitchen lighting update

First let me say... I love my kitchen. It's honestly what sold me on our house. That and all the s p a c e. Yes, there are things I would do differently about our house. Our next house will be smaller, have nicer finishes and be completely landscaped. Not to mention the in-law suite for Merry. Having been apartment/townhouse dwellers all our married life, I flipped over the 3400 finished square feet of our house. Do we need that much? Heavens no.

For the past 2 1/2 years I keep saying 'I would like to change this... and that... and that...", you get me, right? There was never enough lighting in our kitchen to see what you were preparing, let alone trying to get it totally clean. So, the first project we did was have more lighting installed.

This is our kitchen before. Dont you love the plastic cloud light? You can also see my failed attempt to add counter lighting. I've always thought pendants should be over the island and we needed far more recessed cans. So, we hired an electrician and he went to work.

Our electrcian Corey hard at work.

And here is the final result... let there be light!!

I am still planning on having under cabinet lighting done, but geez... what a difference!! Huh?? I'm not super thrilled with the paint choice. I'm sure it will get changed soon... back to a light neutral color. Some other projects in the kitchen planned are: a new faucet, beadboard added to the island and backsplash... and update the appliances. But for now... I'm thrilled with it!

What do you think?? :-)