Fragrance Girl

Our house... {in the middle of our street}

I figured I should give you all a house tour, as it stands today. It will be constantly changing and evolving. And let me apologize for the cell phone pics. We will be doing our best to use 'the precious' camera for future pics.

Welcome... to the house of Card's (pun intended):

As you walk in the front door, our main level is one B I G open space.

Out of view to the left is the staircase and door to the basement. I'm not thrilled with this paint color either. What you dont see in the pic is the purple tone of it. Drives me nuts, but this was the 3rd paint color in a single week and I was DONE painting. Of course it will change.

To the right:

This area needs some serious help. I need slipcovers for my $25 craigslist chairs but cant bring myself to pay upwards of $100 each. Any ideas? Help a girl out huh?? :-) And the art needs to be changed. Big walls + Big art = BIG monies!

Straight ahead:

Please disregard the basket overflowing with cat toys (this is real life people) and the junk on my cheap beautiful side table.

Turn to your left you will see the lovely archway looking into the kitchen:

Then, we head into the TV room (is it really a room if it's still part of the same space? I think not...) and please notice the cheap beautiful ikea coffee table again. I'm searching for a nice, big, chunky replacement.

We just got a flat panel wall mount, cant wait to get that installed. Then I will be giving the buffet/entertainment center a facelift (YAY PAINT!!). We have this funky space behind the love seat that I have no idea what to do with:

Turn to the left again... and into the dining room:

I have a ceiling medallion for the chandelier that we havent gotten around to installing yet and I think the shelves are looking too cluttered/fussy. Thoughts?

Turn to your left again (feel like you are going in circles yet??) and into the kitchen, my favorite part of the house!

Through the door is the pantry/mudroom and door to the garage. I will show pics of that area when it's tidier. :-)

And that, my lovies, is the main floor of our house. I cant even bring myself to post pics of the upstairs yet... it's just so cluttered and un-done. Ugh.

And just to prove that my house isnt spotless *sob* here is a pic of the schtuff I threw out of the camera view:

Linking up with: abeachcottage.com