Fragrance Girl

My very first DIY project ~

Happy weekend my nutty friends!

Hope it's going well for you all.

I've been sidelined by a major (and I mean major) sinus headache thingie. Owie. So, my dresser project is going to have to wait a few more days. Not to mention that I can't really get started without some wood glue... and I just do not have the energy to go out and get some. So, it will have to wait.

I was sitting downstairs, feeling sorry for myself and I was remembering the very first DIY project I ever did in this house. It wasn't really so long ago... but it was before I started Nutmeg Place so I've never posted about it. It was one of the easiest and still one of my favorites.

I spray painted my dining room light fixture. I got the idea from looking at other blogs and I was terrified to try it. This is where the sickness began.

Here is how she looked before painting:

Not too bad, but I was getting over the brushed nickel fad... so Drew helped me take it down, hang it in the basement and I bought 2 cans (I had no idea how much I would need) of ORB paint, held my breath and sprayed away. I was happily dancing around her hanging in my basement as the paint went on flawlessly and she looked better and better.

Here is how she looks today:

The difference is huge. Someday I would love a beautiful chandelier from Pottery Barn hanging there. I even bought a medallion to put up, but so far we haven't bothered.

Totally off topic, but I love these little furry babies. In my humble opinion, a house isn't a home without cats (or dogs).

Brandy and Nala enjoying the fresh air. The calm before the storm as it were. Snow is expected this evening. Can it just be Spring already?!?! :-)

And just to keep it real, I'm going to show you what things look like around here on a Saturday when I feel rotten:

Please notice just off camera of the previous shots... the Joann's bag full of craft supples, the Verizon bag that has been sitting there for about 3 4 months now, Drew's lunch box from the day before, empty boxes that the kiddo's have been having a blast playing with, and the tripod, that I don't use nearly as often as I should. There, you can see it's not all pretty.

So, I'm trying my best not to feel sorry for myself that I don't feel good. So remember:

Words to live by. Enjoy your weekend.

XOXOXO