Fragrance Girl

What to do with leftover rice ~ via Instagram

Happy President's Day nutty people!

Thanks for all the sweet comments about my painted dining room fixture! It's still one of my favorite projects I've done. And thanks for all the sweet 'get well' wishes. I will be just fine... all your sweet messages made me feel loads better! Well, they made me smile anyway!

So, what do you do on a snowy Sunday? Raid the fridge only to find that you haven't been grocery shopping. Hm. I have milk, butter, eggs, leftover cooked rice, mustard... wait!! RICE PUDDING!!

And, let's have fun with Instagram... shall we??

This is all you need:

  • 3 cups white rice, cooked
  • 3 cups milk
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine cooked rice, milk, sugar and butter in a medium saucepan. Add raisins and vanilla. (I used cherry craisins for a little ZIP!)

Cook on medium heat for approx 25 mins, or until most of the liquid is absorbed.

Serve, and enjoy! Of course, we like ours with a little big dollop of whipped cream.

Nom.

Enjoy!

XOXO