Fragrance Girl

Maison Martin Margiela, The Beautiful Mind Series and Other Tempting New Fragrances

Hugo Boss's Orange is today's SOTD, and it's not a winner on my skin. I'm generally pretty sceptical when people say that a fragrance reacts badly with their skin. Often it seems to be a polite way of saying that they don't like the fragrance. Orange reminds me of the odour of burnt skin, (as in when you walk out of a tanning booth). However, I quite liked it when it was sprayed it on a tester blotter. So I'm coming round to the idea that some perfumes do, in fact, "react badly" on some skins.
There are several fragrances that I'm keen to try at the moment. (untitled) by Maison Martin Margiela has had a lot of publicity, and its mystique has genuinely sucked me in. There's a great post over at Dossier Journal featuring some moody photos about (untitled).

Yesterday I read that Clarins have just brought out a new fragrance named Eau des Jardins. As a long-time fan of Clarins' Eau Dynamisante, I am desperate to try their new creation. Vogue magazine describe Eau des Jardins as "Eau de Uplift". A fragrance that gets that kind of praise has to be worth a try.

The Beautiful Mind Series has also had a great deal of publicity, but is very hard to get hold of. And, let's be honest, incredibly expensive. But something about the fact that Christiane Stenger, the Grand Master of Memory is the muse for this fragrance makes it somewhat intriguing.