Fragrance Girl

Perfume Review: Majestic by Boadicea the Victorious

My jasmine samples have arrived from Lucky Scent. Hooray! I'm so excited to try them all. I wanted to love all of these fragrances, but aaargh, I've already found one that I don't like. And what's worse, it was the first sample out of the box.
Boadicea the Victorious is an extremely tempting range, largely because of its curious name and the ornate gothic bottles. The Boadicea website calls Majestic a "lip-licking gourmand fragrance ". Sadly, my first reaction was, How quickly can I get this off?
The Boadicea website goes on to describes Majestic as "Opening with a lush garland of precious white flower extracts". This makes me think of pretty fragrances like La Chasse aux Papillons. But Majestic is more reminiscent of the hot houses in Kew Gardens. Without doubt it is evocative of lush greenery, but this overshadows and floral subtlety that might be lurking within the fragrance.
Majestic's dry down is very musky. And musk can go either way — sexy or not sexy. Sadly, for me this one definitely errs on the side of not sexy.
If you're looking for a lush, verdant fragrance that transports you to a hot summer greenhouse then try Memory of Kindness by CB I Hate Perfume. Memory of Kindness is a much fresher, much cleaner smell, which is eminently wearable.