Fragrance Girl

Longing for Fall ~

I will admit it.

I do not like Summer.

The heat and I are not friends.

At all.

I <3 AC.

Today, I was SO longing for the cooler weather. It made me feel like baking.

Looked in my pantry to see what I had.

Hm. A big can of pumpkin puree... chocolate chips. Bingo.

Decided to make big, fat, squishy pumpkin Chocolate chip cookies.

The recipe came from Joy the Baker. Super easy and beyond tasty. I've already eaten 3.

Or 4.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola or corn oil
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips, or any chip you like

Position a rack in the middle of the oven . Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and butter the paper.
Stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices together in a medium bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the eggs and sugar until smooth and lightened in color, about 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed during mixing. On low speed, mix the oil, pumpkin, and vanilla until blended. Mix in the flour mixture to incorporate it. Mix in the chips.

I didn't butter the paper and these released from the parchment with no problem.

Look how pretty these are.



So, is it Fall yet?? No?? I need a cookie.

XOXO