Fragrance Girl

I'm koo koo for coconut ~ GYCO

Well hi y'all! It's Friday and I have a truck full of lumber! Squee!!

Anywho...

It's time again for the Get Your Chef On challenge!!! This time, it's coconut. First lemon, now coconut... getting better and better!

Since I'm the defending champion, and damned proud of it, I took the opportunity to check out the other entries. I'm tellin' ya... the competition is FIERCE!! I'm actually a little scared.

It's all good. I'm a good loser.

So, my entry is:

Pina Colada pound cake

It goes like this:

1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temp
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks, well drained

Preheat oven to 350.
Butter and flour a 9 by 5 loaf pan (I use bakers secret spray)
Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Reduce speed and and add sour cream, and dry ingredients. DO NOT OVER MIX.

Gently fold in the pineapple and coconut, being careful to not over mix.

Bake for 65-70 mins. Cover with foil half way through baking. I cooked mine for the full 70 mins.
I also let mine cool, covered lightly with plastic wrap. overnight.

This is so moist and the pineapple & coconut are so yummy in this.

Enjoyed with a lovely cup of coffee spiked with Baileys.

Delicious, delicious, delicious.

Wish me luck!

XOXO