Fragrance Girl

Marlon Teixeira's interview witH Carol Ribeiro for MTV Brazil
  • Carol: How do you feel being, say, the "masculine" Gisele Bundchen?
    Marlon: I feel like Marlon, I guess, normal. And I think that it's great to be compared like this, but I just feel like Marlon.

    Carol: How did you enter the world of fashion, you did it as a joke at first, correct?

    Marlon: Yeah, I fell for it completely, my friend Anderson of Way Models met my family, invited me to be a model and I flew to Sao Paulo, I had a lesion in the knee and had to stop surfing. I went there to create a portfolio, then I got book in Paris and Milan, and two week later I flew over.

    Carol: You always say that your story is really about surfing, have you gotten to the point where you think "no, I'm a model, and this is now my story"?

    Marlon : Well my dream has always been to be a professional and live surfing, but we can't have everything we want. So now I end up having to admit that my profession is being a model.

    Carol: Guys look how sad, he has to admit that he is a model; look at the sadness in him admitting he is a model, because saying he's a surfer doesn't count.

    Marlon: I think surfing lives in me, I think my life, everything and anywhere I am, I think of the beach, surfing and there's no way to stop it, I think I'll always live for surfing.

    Carol: Is there any way you include surfing into your day-to-day, say doing a photo shoot with surf clothing?

    Marlon : Definitely, there are many clothes I wear to photo shoots, including there has been many photo shoots that are of surfing brands. A majority of designers today like the skater, surfing style.

    Carol: So do you think that's what makes you different, that you're sort of astray, "I'm a surfer, not on the modeling wave, and it worked out?

    Marlon : Well, possibly.

    Carol: So if you go on a photo shoot to meet Karl Lagerfeld, you would go wearing sneakers or flip flops without a problem?
    Marlon : Sure, if 's summer, I'll go with flip flops and jeans.

    Carol: How was it working with Lea T., was it a big rampage on her for the pictures, did you feel very calm and comfortable?

    Marlon : It was super normal, like working with any other person that was a man, woman, model or not, so it was very normal.

    Carol: So being professional on the beach, it was your "happy place"

    Marlon: I felt at home, everything was going right.

    Carol: Now tell me about the music in your life, your surfing music and your modeling music...

    Marlon : I love rock, I think with my life today, I have a lot more anxiety so I like just getting my IPod and listening to rock, like Morrison, a band that I'm crazy for also that's a bit old is Collective Soul, so I think that when I'm more anxious, I listen to a lot of rock.

    Carol: And before catching a wave, is it the same type of music?
    Marlon: It depends because sometimes I listen to some Black Sabbath before going into the water, or listen to some electronic...