Fragrance Girl

My love of baking ~

I have a serious love of baking. Passed on by my Mom, no doubt. Earlier this year my dear, sweet adopted Mom (Cathy Ramsey) found her Mother's beautiful white Kitchenaid that had been boxed up, and sent it to me. I have been in baking heaven. Thanks just isn't enough Cathy!

Last weekend we had our good friend Mary Layton from NH come spend the weekend with us. She spoiled the kids like crazy. It was seriously like kitty Christmas at the Card house. Thanks Auntie Mary... we love all the pressies and we love you!!

Her visit gave me the chance to do some baking of yummy breakfast treats. Here is one that everyone really liked and was super easy to make:

Easy Apple Cinnamon Muffins
1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
2 apples peeled and chopped

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, grease muffin pan or line with muffin liners
  2. Stir together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix in oil, egg and milk. Fold in apples. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with raw sugar (optional).
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
  4. Enjoy!!

They were very yummy indeed! What is your favorite thing to bake??