Fragrance Girl

Lofty goals ~

Hey friends!

How the heck are ya? I've got a start of Summer cold. Yuck. Spent so much time in bed sleeping the past 48 hours. Hopefully on the mend.

Maybe it's the cold, maybe I'm just nuts... but now that I have power tools I feel the need to build something. Not just make things pretty by adding molding... but actually building something.

We have a nice sized loft area at the top of our stairs. Right now, it's used to hold the kitty cat jungle gym. There is a closet full of junk (that desperately needs organization) and I've always seen this area as a library/game area.

So, we have the tools. I'm planning on building a window seat flanked by book cases on the window wall. I was also thinking about taking off the folding closet doors, building in a desk area with storage in the closet area.

So tonight, I've been perusing the interwebs looking for inspiration and thought I would share with you some of the ideas I have for the space.

Our window is nowhere near as large as this, but this is what I was thinking of.

I may build it open like this, to put cute baskets in. Or, sleepy cubbies for the kids.

We are also considering purchasing the pieces from Ikea and adding molding so they look built in. We've seen many people do this with amazing results. But, it doesnt seem very cost effective.

SO, what do you think? Is this beyond our skill level (super beginner) or do you think we could tackle this?

Should we go the Ikea route?

Let me know your thoughts!!

XOXO