Fragrance Girl

Fashion Future... Part 2

In my humble opinion, one of the best things about Japanese style is their unbridled quest for the new and the cool. I never cease to be impressed and inspired when I visit Japan (and this trip did not disappoint). They seriously layer like no other, and are the supreme mix-masters of their own wardrobe complilations. Their creativity when it comes to fashion is duly represented in Vogue Nippon. Not seemingly quite as worried about the "commercial" aspect of fashion as their American sister, I dove into the May issue featuring my current Canadian fave Coco Rocha - and it didn't disappoint. The title of the issue was "Fashion Future" and what better way to illustrate fashions future than have some of Japan's best Anime artists lend their hand to fashion illustration?

Gonzo does Hussein Chalayan's most directional collection justice, Studio4Degrees Celcius ventures into the realm of Nicolas Ghesquière's Tron inspired spring Balenciaga collection and perhaps my favorite: Peach Pit doing Christopher Kane in a cacophony of colour and shape.

Do you like?