Fragrance Girl

Death of V&R Shoes

Dear Victor & Rolf,

I stopped and stared in disbelief when I saw what I thought was the heel cap from my brand new Victor& Rolf shoes laying in the middle of my bedroom floor. I mean these lovelies were made in ITALY after all and such craftsmanship is usually infallible! How did that pesky cap come off I wondered?? Not to mention the tiny gold nail that was used to pound the cap tightly into the highly crafted, rare-wood, conical heel? Now THAT was truly hard to mistake! However, as I bent down to pick up the cap, the carnage to my left caught my eye! NO! It cannot be! And yet - it was.

It was laying on it's side, no longer able to stand on it's majestic peg. My beloved V&R's, purchased in NY less than a month ago... with one lovely heel... chewed off beyond all recognition... literally splinters!

Victor, please don't blame her! She obviously loved them too! They were the first V&R's that she ever layed her eyes on. You can't blame a girl for being star-struck. I had honestly never seen anything quite so lovely myself! Even the Russian salesgirl in NY seemed upset parting with them.

Rolf, I promise to be forever loyal if you could please! send me a replacement heel! The shoe itself seems to have walked away from the horrific ordeal seemingly unscathed - mind you - we will both need therapy to heel the deeper wounds. (Spotty too... )

Awaiting your positive response, The Glossy Editor.

PS. If any of you Glossy readers have a V&R connection and an ounce of empathy...

fashion trend