Fragrance Girl

Heart of Darkness

Having a bit of a propensity for all things dark - my new obsession started innocently enough with a few episodes of HBO's True Blood. This soon developed into a full blown fixation with the BF and I glued to the couch, pets warming our feet, so as not to miss an episode. I think they aired the whole season over 2 days - which we watched with genuine commitment. When Twilight came out I was only mildly interested - and perhaps more by Robert Pattinson (cough cough) than anything - however the book caught my eye at the bookstore and I'm ashamed to say I'm a little hooked!

All this of course can only lead in one direction - my wardrobe?! Of course Ricardo Tisci and Alexander McQueen's Fall runway provides amazing inspirational fashion fodder. They seem to never get tired of paying hommage to the undead. I especially love McQueen's prefall 08 collection. How he layered the sequin leggings under mountains of black-on-black or oxblood- red chiffon was nothing short of genius. Even the Givenchy campaign - a gaggle of girls looking rather dare I say... thirsty? Divine.

alexandermcqueen, givenchy, amazon.ca