Fragrance Girl

Guest Post from Leeann at Fabulously French

Today's special Easter guest blogger is the beautiful Leeann from Fabulously French. Thanks so much Leeann for a great post!

Perfumed thoughts... .

My earliest memories of perfume go back to when I was a small child growing up in New Zealand. When I was little I loved going to my grandmothers house as she used to let us sit in front of her fabulous and very grown up dressing table (it was one of those where you could see yourself from 3 angles) and put on rouge, lipstick and most importantly perfume. All things that our mother would not let us do, which made my sister and I love Nana even more.

As I sit writing this, I can see my sister and I, fighting for position, in front of the dressing table with my grandmother saying that we are only allowed a small amount of rouge.
My darling grandmother is turning 88 next week and still loves dressing up and I can never recall seeing her without lipstick.

My next vivid memory of perfume is when I started working in a office. One of the bosses had the most fabulous and oh so glamorous secretary. She wore the most fabulous rouge lipstick, smoked cigarettes in those long holders and as she passed by, you caught a waft of her gorgeous perfume.

The first bottle of perfume that I ever bought was "Paris". I adored it and wore it daily, it made me feel so grown up. My sister once borrowed a jumper of mine and rang to ask what the name of the perfume was as every time she wore the jumper people would tell her now nice she smelt and wanted to know what she was wearing.
Needless to say she bought a bottle of "Paris".

Over the years I have had many perfumes, each of which reflected a particular time in my life.

Up until the time that I started living in France, I had never nor wanted to wear the perfume that I now wear daily and could not imagine life without.

It was by accident that I started wearing it, Mr FF and I were in a local perfume shop, here in France, shopping for Christmas presents for one another.

He asked if I would like perfume and the first thing that popped into my head was a vision of Nicole Kidman in the most fabulous dress with the oh so famous CC necklace, I still think that this is one of the most fabulous commercials ever made.

I subsequently read that Chanel No. 5 is the only thing that Marilyn Monroe wore to bed, so if it was good enough for Marilyn, it is most definitely good enough for me.

Ironically the latest Chanel No. 5 commercial was filmed in Istanbul. A city that I spent a year living in many years ago and as a result adore the latest commercial as it brings memories flooding back of the time that I spent in this fabulous and oh so mysterious city.

My girlfriend owns a fabulous perfume shop in a village not far from the one in which we live and I will sign off, the same way that she does whenever she emails me...

Perfumed thoughts and merci beaucoup to Jess for asking me to be a guest blogger on this wonderful blog,

Leeann