Fragrance Girl

Perfume Review: Nutmeg and Ginger by Jo Malone
P1010548

The lovely Ines from All I Am — A Readhead sent me some Nutmeg and Ginger in a scent swap we did lately. As I mentioned last month I tried this in the JM boutique and had to hold myself back from buying some.

Funnily enough, having tested Nutmeg and Ginger again today, it smells entirely masculine. I was looking around to see who was standing next to me smelling great. Only after a few seconds, the penny dropped – it was me.

Still think this is a great fragrance, and will be dousing my husband in it regularly. Although cedar isn’t mentioned in the name – it’s the wood notes that come through most forcefully in this fragrance. The ginger and nutmeg give it an edge in the opening.

This is what the Jo Malone website smells about this fragrance:

“The first Jo Malone fragrance was created as a gift for the original twenty skin care clients. The warm, woody scents of sandalwood and cedarwood are seasoned with nutmeg and vibrant ginger in this unexpectedly subtle scent.”

Nutmeg and Ginger is great modern take on masculine woody fragrances. Perfect Valentines gift for the man in your life.