Fragrance Girl

Nightscape by Ulrich Lang

Nightscape was one of a collection of jasmine perfume samples that I ordered recently. Some perfumes sound like they're going to smell great. And 'Ulrich Lang' is the name of somebody who knows what they're doing. Something about a German name suggests that the person isn't going to mess around. Well, that's how it seems to me.
I'm not a lover of wood fragrances. I think that's why Serge Lutens has just never done it for me. Bois de this and Bois de that. Give me flowers, give me sunshine, give me dreams. Not sure about smelling like wood, or even a wood.
And Nightscape is all about wood. Not sure what kind of wood. But cedarwood, possibly. Or perhaps sandalwood. In fact, the Ulrich Lang website says that it's "a modern take on Patchouli". For my nose, not even a trace of jasmine.
I wanted flowers. I wanted butterflies in the moonight. And most of all I wanted jasmine. If you want jasmine, then La Chasse aux Papillons is one of the best. And Jasmin Noir by Bvlgari is worth considering if you're looking for a more sultry evening jasmine.