Fragrance Girl

Guest Blogging – The Sneaky Magpie
stripes

The fabulous Sneaky Magpie has agreed to write a guest post for Signature Scent giving an insight into her perfume journey. Here’s what she has to say:

My first memory of perfume is Armani, I got it from my aunt some time in the early 90s, it came in an octagonal bottle and smelled very strongly. Way too strong for a teenager. I never used it. It just stood in my bedroom looking sophisticated.

In my early 20s I took to clean, fresh, simple fragrances like CK One, Be and the more experimental DKNY, it came in a long slick bottle accompanied by 5 scents that you could blend yourself. It was fabulous.

As I reached my late 20s I decided I wanted a change from the fresh scents I had been using. I chose the rich and musky Dior Addict. Oh how I loved that smell. I am sure it didn't suit me but nevertheless I wore it all the same.

For a number of years now I've been in love with — Diptyque Philosykos Eau de Toilette. I feel like I finally found a scent that is original, light, not too sweet, and a bit fruity. Every morning it takes me to a sunny summers day, lying under a tree somewhere in Provence. It's not overpowering, it somehow simply becomes part of me. It just works.