Fragrance Girl

Chance Eau Fraiche – Chanel


Unlike many people, I’m not drawn to Chanel fragrances. Probably because they’ve always been my mother’s fragrances – and I find it difficult to associate them with anything other than my Mum.
Chance is one of those fragrances that seem to be extremely popular. A friend came to dinner smelling absolutely lovely. It was Chance, she revealed. Another good friend tells me that Chance is one of her favourites. Okay – I get the message – Chanel is good, like it or not.

Chance Eau Fraiche smells like wet green leaves in a forest. Slightly spicy in a peppery way. Woody – like tree bark. Although it’s probably a feminine fragrance, it could be unisex as there are lots of masculine notes. Now that I’m wearing Chance Eau Fraiche, it echoes many of the elements of my all time favourite fragrance, Aromatics Elixir.

So, CEF is a great fragrance, and one that I could almost wear. The final hurdle that I would need to overcome is the sillage. You don’t really wear Chanel fragrances – they wear you. They seem to rush along the street ahead of you and shimmer through doorways to announce your arrival. Ultimately you have to be feeling confident to wear this Chance flanker.

OsMoz describes Chance Eau Fraiche in the following way: Top note – Citron. Heart notes – Water Hyacinth and Jasmine. Base notes – Teak Wood, Vetiver, Patchouli Amber and White Musk.
Fragrance Editions says that if you like/loathe Chance, then you should try/avoid L.L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani.
This morning I tried the Roger and Gallet Lettuce shower gel. It was a bitter disappointment – not a hint of lettuce!