Fragrance Girl

Armani Code for her [Giorgio Armani]


This weekend has been one long fragrance bonanza for me. A stash of new fragrances that I’d ordered a while back arrived from Lucky Scent. There were some real delights – some of which I will be reviewing in the next few days.
At the end of last week I tried Armani Code for the first time. It’s not a fragrance that I’ve ever particularly been drawn to. My instant response when I first sniffed Armani Code is that it’s very similar to Gucci Flora. I was quite surprised, not least because Armani Code hasn’t got the name and the packaging of a fruity floral. I was expecting something with a more oriental or amber feel.

Right now I’ve got Gucci Flora on one wrist and Armani Code on the other. To my untrained nose, they are very similar fragrances. Gucci Flora has got more clarity on the fruity top notes. Armani Code has a slightly more peppery heart and lacks some of the fine fruity top notes. Gucci Flora is without doubt my favourite of the two, and in my opinion is the better of two very similar fragrances.

OsMoz says that the construction of Armani Code for her is as follows: Top notes of Bitter Orange, Italian Orange and Sambac Jasmine. Heart notes are Orange Blossom, Absolute and Sambac Jasmine and the Base notes are Vanilla and Honey.

The OsMoz description of Gucci Flora is entirely different, with not even one overlapping note: Top notes of Citrus and Peony. Heart notes of Osmanthus, Rose and Fruity notes. Base notes of Sandalwood and Patchouli.
If you like fruity florals, they are both worth trying. For my money Gucci Flora is definitely the better fragrance.