Fragrance Girl

Grown Up Blackberry Lemonade ~

Just in time for the weekend babies!!

Now, I know you're looking at this picture and thinking "Moonshine?!?! Is she CRAZY!?!"
Well, yes... I am.
BUT...
I've recently discovered that I love moonshine.
Yep, I'm a redneck at heart.

Truth is...
I don't drink booze because I like how it tastes. I know, I know... more crazy talk.
I drink it because I like the buzz it gives me.
But...
I'm kinda a heavyweight when it comes to booze.
I usually have to drink twice as much as everyone else to get a buzz.
That's not really fair, or fun.

Drew brought home this Moonshine last weekend.
I was thinking "Oh my God, what is he thinking!?!?"
I pictured in my mind those insane tequila nights of my 20's.
I instantly felt queasy and my head started pounding.
I was like... OH HELL NO!!

Later that night, he brought me a shot and said "Let's try it together."
I figured, one shot wasn't going to REALLY hurt.
We toasted and pounded it back.
I expected it to be lethal. To burn like tequila.
It didn't.
Hardly had any flavor but the buzz was almost instantaneous.
WOOHOO!!

So tonight, we're celebrating the weekend with some
Grown Up Blackberry Lemonades.

I used:

  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • the juice of 9 lemons
  • cold water
  • blackberries (rinsed in cold water)
I filled a pitcher with cold water, added the sugar and stirred to dilute, then juiced the lemons into the pitcher. Obviously, this is all a matter of taste. Some like more sugar and more lemon. Before I poured the lemonade into the jars, I added a shot of Moonshine, stirred them and added a few Blackberries, popped in a cute paper straw and we are rockin' the house. Of course, the straw enables us to drink them faster and makes them taste even better than they already do!

*****DISCLAIMER*****
Moonshine is very strong stuff.
Please drink responsibly.
DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE

There we go...
Now, go forth and enjoy your weekend!!

XOXO