Fragrance Girl

Biscuit Donuts ~

Hello babies.

Sorry I've been so quiet.

A couple items of news first:

Our sweet little Brandy Pants doesn't have a lung infection. In fact, she has a Pulmonary Carcinoma.
In other words, she has lung cancer. We are absolutely devastated. The only treatment option is to remove the cancerous portion of her lung. It's a majorly invasive surgery, that if we're lucky, will buy us about a year. We've decided not to put her through that. Right now, the medicines are helping to keep her happy and comfortable. We will let this play out and take the absolute best care of her, until we cannot.

We do not know how much time we have left with her, could be weeks, months, years. But, we will make sure her every need is met and that when the time comes to set her free, there is no doubt in her mind that she is very, very loved.

And, other news:

While I was taking my mini-hiatus, the ladies decided to end The All Star Block Party. I'm ok with that. There are thousands of linky parties out there right now. I hope to see all of you there!

Also, Merry has moved in with our Brother for awhile. We desperately needed a break. I'm working on turning her room into a guest room/office for Meg. Fixing it up all nice for her when she comes to visit. It will be nice to have a space of my very own to blog and chill out. I will be sharing those fun projects soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today, we are expecting Snowzilla. At least, that's what they are telling us. We had about an hour period of some good snow, but it's stopped for now. We are all hunkered down waiting for the rest of 'The Storm'. Today, I tried something fun that I've seen on Pinterest. I made some donuts from canned refrigerated biscuits.

Just popped the cans {does that scare the CRAP out of you guys too?? LOL I'm such a baby when it comes to popping those cans open} laid them out, used a shot glass to make the holes in the center, melted a bit of Crisco and fried them up. They cook up pretty fast. DO NOT step away while these are frying. And of course, I had to fry up the little holes as well. I let them cool slightly on paper towels and made glaze {powdered sugar and a little milk} then dipped them all in the glaze and set them on a cooling rack with a cookie sheet underneath to catch the glaze. I also sprinkled a little sugar on the wet glaze for some sparkle.

These were pretty tasty. So tasty, they are all gone.

Serve it with my favorite ice coffee made with my Homemade Creamer.
Yep, even on snow days I need my ice coffee.

Next time I make these, I will buy the bigger size. These were small, which is good for portion control, but we still ate them all. Ooops. Extra treadmill time for me.

Think good thoughts for our Brandy, that we will have lots of good bonus time with her.

Until next time...

XOXO