Fragrance Girl

We've been framed ~

Hey babies!!

Happy New Year!!

Welcome to my first project of 2013.

My little Brother and Sister-in-law gave me that amazing gift card to Home Depot for Christmas.
I wasted no time calling them to have them cut lumber for this project.

Here is how the windows looked before:

Well, you can SORTA see the windows. No framing at all, I just put up curtains.

Our home had zero character whatsoever. No moulding, every wall (including ceiling and baseboards) are all beige. It was a sea of beige. Literally.

I wanted to match the windows to the door moulding we added.

I took down the curtains and hardware, added MDF and crown moulding:

Lookie, a mid-project picture!!

Merry helped me get the big pieces of crown up in place. Cause it's impossible to install it by yourself. And I'm very impatient. I painted it out with 2 coats of bright white paint to match the other moulding in the house.

And now, my dramatic new windows:

See how it breaks up that sea of beige so nicely??

Yep, that's a cat dish of water on the coffee table. This is real life people.

When Drew got home from work, I asked what he thought and he said "Why are they so tall??"
"Well, for DRAMA!" I said. Sheesh. Men.

Oh hey, speaking of real life. The patio door looks like this, right this minute:

Like an idiot, I only got the crown I would need. Cause I never screw it up. Gaffaw!! I cut this piece a tad too small and I'm not confident I can piece it together and not have it look terrible. So, I need more crown and I'm on vacation. I don't want to drive all the way to Home Depot. It will wait. It will bug me. But, it will wait.

Call it an exercise in patience. Yeah, that's what it is.

I've done another quick project during my vacation. I will show ya later taters.

BTW, I don't know about where you are... but it's SO COLD HERE IN UTAH!!!

LIKE: FRIGID Y'ALL!!!

The temp on my dashboard said 8 degrees and this was at 2 PM today. Spring... ANYONE?!?!

I hope your new year is off to a great start. Let's make this the best year EVER!!

XOXO

***I've had several people ask me what dimensions of MDF I used. It's 1/2 MDF, cut into 8 foot x 4 inch strips. However, the top piece is 8 inches for added height.***