Fragrance Girl

Coconut Rice Pudding ~

Hey babies!!

Happy weekend.

Did I mention it was cold here in Utah?!?!

It's. FRIGID!!

In the Winter, we get what is called "The inversion". Freezing, nasty air gets trapped in the mountain valleys. We need a good storm to blow through and clean this junk out!

See how yucky? You can't even tell there are gorgeous mountains behind all the crap.
It's unhealthy and depressing.
And it's beyond cold.

When it's beyond cold, I crave warm comfort food. Our Momma used to make big pots of rice pudding when we were young and it was really cold. I don't have her recipe, but I pinned this one awhile ago and it looked like it would fit the bill.

I die.

It's SO GOOD!! And super easy. I remember our Mom would stand at the stove and stir, stir, stir for what seemed like forever. This one, cooked up perfect & quick!!

I got the original recipe from ffffood.com and switched it up just a little.

Coconut Rice Pudding:

  • 2 cups cooked white rice
  • 1 13oz can of coconut milk
  • 2 cups 2% milk
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 tbsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp coconut extract
  • 1/3 cup raisins (totally optional)
Throw it all in a pot, bring to a boil and simmer until thickened.
The original recipe said to simmer for 40 mins. Mine cooked down in only about 10 minutes.
My rice was fresh and hot from the rice cooker. Hers was cold. Not sure if that made a difference in cooking time or not.

This is creamy like it's cooked with heavy cream. It's delicious!! Not too sweet and if you don't like raisins, you can totally keep them out. I used some of my homemade vanilla extract which left the gorgeous little flecks of vanilla.

Try this! Easy, warm and delicious!!

This got rave reviews from the whole family.

XOXO

Enjoy!!