Fragrance Girl

Happiness list #18 ~

Dear Friday,

What took you so long?!?!

XOXO,

Me.

Heya!! Happy weekend babies!!

What you got planned? I know lots of you are going to Haven. I will miss you and I hope you have a BLAST!!

I will be home. Hopefully working on the loft project. I think I will really get on Drew's nerves about the stairs... so he will give in to ripping up the carpet on the stairs. I'm bad... bad to the bone. Wish me luck!

Haven't done a happiness list for awhile.

I hate harping back to Kita and her illness, but honestly, for the past 3-4 years our lives revolved around her and taking care of her. My greatest fear, was losing her. It consumed me.

We've lost pets in the past. It's always devastating. Those illnesses came on so quickly and were not treatable. That's always such a horrible shock. But, thanks to some amazing friends and veterinarians, we learned that Kita's illness was certainly treatable, and we were going to give it our best shot, damnit. So, now that chapter in our lives is over. The anxiety is starting to ease a bit. I'm not having to constantly remind myself that life is good and to see the little things and the little blessings. Things are getting better. Don't get me wrong. I would give anything to have her back in good health... anything. Sometimes God has to tell us "No, not this time."

But, I do think these lists are vital. So, even though they may be fewer and further between, I'm going to continue with them. I hope you guys get a little kick out of them too. :-)

My new picture wall. Filled with the people I love. Makes me smile.

The updated entry way. Loving all the character these touches add. Breaking up the sea of beige is good! If you follow me on Facebook, you know that the chalkboard fell on my foot and broke last night. Not my foot {felt like it though!} but it broke into pieces. Now, I need something else to put there. Working on that.

Drew scored this entire, brand new, Bodum set at a neighbors yard sale for $5. SCORE!!!

Maxwell. He is an endless supply of love and laughter. He is our comic relief and we feel so blessed that he found us. His new hairdo rocks all our worlds. He's been trying to tell us for years that he is King of our jungle... and now he finally looks worthy of the title. Yes Max, you are the King.

Rock on Baby boy.

How we love this big teddy bear.

Again, if you follow me on Facebook, you know I planted these hydrangea's a couple months ago. See where it says "Guaranteed to grow"? Yeah, no.
I went out to water a couple days ago and there were green leaves on the pink one! Keeping my fingers crossed!! Wish me luck!

Whatever you guys do this weekend, enjoy!

XOXO