Fragrance Girl

Is it just me? ~

So...

How are ya? Hope you are all doing well.

Me? Well...

I hope you all still are my friends when you find out how crazy I am.

You see... I worry. More than the average worrier. If I don't have something to worry about, I will create something to worry about. Not kidding.

Some of you may, or may not know that Drew and I have 5 kids. Now, before you freak out... we do not have human children. We have 5 four legged children. They aren't pets or cats... they are our kids. There... now you know officially, that I'm nuts.

Two of them, have chronic, possibly life threatening illnesses. Kita, our first feline kiddo, was diagnosed with Small Cell intestinal lymphoma almost 3 years ago. We have been through hell and back getting her well. The tears, sleepless nights, anxiety, money... I can't even begin to tell you. Our prayers were answered just over a year ago when the last chemo drug we were going to try, was the one that brought her back from the brink of death.

Mirasole, who lived for 2 years in our backyard as a stray, who now lives inside in her own private suite, has asthma and IBD. She gets chronic upper respiratory infections. Anyone with a child that has asthma or has even had the croup, knows how scary this can be. She gets 'puffs' from a special feline inhaler to help her breathe. But she goes through these 'spells' where nothing seems to help.

So, even though my mind knows that these furries don't live as long as we do... that it is a fact we will eventually send them over the bridge... the thought of it cripples me.

Is it fairly obvious that Kita & Mira havent been well the past few days? I wrote recently on my personal Facebook page that "The good days are so good and yet so hard to remember on the bad days". Not that the past few days have been 'bad' per se, but wow... the worry monster is just about to take over.

Kita

Mirasole

So, I guess I just wanted to hear that I'm not the only crazy worrier out there. I certainly know that there are some out there going through far worse... but, these are my kids. And I love them.

And now you know the story behind:

Are we still friends??