Fragrance Girl

Ballard Design knock-off ~

Howdy friends!

I'm really excited to show you my little project this weekend.

I love Ballard Designs. I love every. single. thing. in their catalogs. The prices? Yeah, not so much! Their Spring catalog came in the mail recently and I got the idea for this next project from their pages. The price difference is staggering... I mean, staggering.

The Ballard Cork Boards

I saw these and knew I could make something just as gorgeous.

I got all my supplies at Joann's, even printed a 40% off coupon.

The cork boards were on sale for $7.49. I got 3 of them:

Then I got 3 yards of the dark brown burlap and 6 packages of decorative nails. Don't ask the store person for 'nailhead trim'... they won't know what you are talking about. The burlap was on sale for $2.99 a yard and the nails were $1.49 per pack. I went a little crazy at the store and got too much burlap and nails. Better to have too much than not enough! I really only used about 1 1/2 yards, if that.

I cut the burlap and used my trusty hot glue gun to secure it to the back:

These cork boards were mounted to cardboard. So, the nails just pushed right through. I didn't even need to hammer them into place. That also meant that if I didn't get one spaced just right, I could take it right out and place it again.

I made all 3 of these in 1 hour. No joke. The Ballard boards are sold for $89 each. Mine: $7.49 per board, $1.49 per pack of nails (1 pack per board), and a half yard of burlap per board $1.50... so mine were just under $11 each.

I love you Ballard... but, $89?!?!?! Really?!?!?

Another mind blower: The $89 cork boards are on backorder at Ballard. HELLO?!?!?

My own 'Ballard' inspiration boards! Hope you love them as much as I do!

XOXOXO

Linking to:

Funky Junk Interiors
Faded Charm
French Country Cottage
Stuff and Nonsense
The Charm of Home
Common Ground
The Not So Functional Housewife
The Shabby Nest
No Minimalist Here
Funky Junk Interiors
Craft Junkie Too