Fragrance Girl

New Year Inspirations ~

Well HELLO all my nutty friends!

Christmas is literally upon us. I hope yours is amazing! I've been doing lots of thinking about what I want to accomplish next year for Nutmeg Place. I'm going to try and focus on the upstairs rooms. Isn't it always true that the master bedroom is the last room to get decorated? Well, in our case it's very true. No longer. Next year I will be focusing on the master, guest bedrooms, the laundry room and loft. I have LOTS of fun and exciting ideas!

I'm going to start with the master bedroom. Our master bedroom is... well... HUGE! So, I'm lucky that we have many options in what I can do in there. One thing, Mirasole, our former backyardigan lives in that room.

So, it has to be cat interesting/friendly. Mira has asthma and IBD... so she can puke at any moment. And, she does it wherever she happens to be at the moment. Sometimes, that's IN our bed. Not pleasant! So, as much as I would love piles and piles of soft white bed linens, I have to be careful (for obvious reasons).

We currently have this bed frame in black:

Ikea

We also have the matching side table in white:

Ikea

I really like the style, it goes with my love of anything cottagey. I don't think that's a real word, but I don't care. But, the side table doesn't have as much storage as I would like. I would like a couple mismatched low dressers as side tables. I also have space for a cutey little desk for my blogging station:

Something like this.

Here are a few pics that I've found that I really like:

We are lucky enough to even have the space for a nice sitting area like this one.

Source

I'm not really digging the blue, but I love everything else about this room. I'm going to get a similar light. Love this one.

I love the bench at the end of the bed and the board & batten on this one.

I wish my pocketbook would let me go on a shopping spree at Pottery Barn so I could have all of this tomorrow. But, alas... I cannot. So, this might take some time to achieve. The best things come to those who wait, right?!?! The hunt is on.

XOXOX