Fragrance Girl

Fluffing for Thanksgiving ~

Hello hello everyone! Are we all getting excited for the holidays?? I know I am! Honestly, the 'holidays' actually start with Halloween, so I'm already in the zone.

Things have been beyond hectic in our world. On November 12th, 2011... my next door neighbor and best friend, Inndia DeGraw Powell and her 2 youngest sons Alex and Ashton Powell, were all killed in a tragic car accident. So, life was put on hold. They will all be greatly missed.

I finally found some burlap locally. I swear, there is a burlap shortage going on in Utah. So, when I found it at Joanns... I hoarded 4 yards. What in the world am I going to do with 4 yards of burlap?!?! I dunno... but I will use it all. The thing about burlap? It smells horrible and there really isnt much that can be done. I mean, you can't wash it...it will fall apart. Yikes!

The dining table finally got a little fluffing. I added a burlap runner, the cinnamon stick candles and my leftover little Halloween pumpkins along the runner.

I'm seriously head over heels for my table. Can you tell??

I'm planning on a couple more small items. Some small moss wreaths added to the backs of the chairs, but that means I have to make them... and I'm having a hard time being motivated right now. I promise to have them done before our gathering Thanksgiving night! :-)

Any thoughts or suggestions? I know that my friends out there are way more creative than I am at this stuff. So, please share!

Happy holidays!!

XOXOXO

Linking to: No Minimalist Here
House of Hepworth
The Charm of Home
Common Ground
French Country Cottage
The Shabby Creek Cottage
The Shabby Nest
The Not So Functional Housewife
Centsational Girl
Faded Charm