Fragrance Girl

Dealing with my OCD ~

So, I will admit it. I'm a neat freak. Some people call it OCD (although, CDO is the alphabetically correct order), but neat freak sounds nicer. Less neurotic. I'm sure it's not as bad as some folks OCD (I hope so anyway) but at times it's pretty frustrating. Especially when you live with people who don't have the condition and would be happy living in a shipping crate, as long as it had a toilet, microwave and the internet.

I look at these images and they calm me, and make me wish our house was this organized. Some nights I can't even sleep because I feel like the house is so cluttered. Cleaning makes me happy... freaky, I know.

Here are some images of functional and beautiful storage that inspire me.

Better Homes and Gardens

A drawer turned cabinet. The colors are so happy and girly.

Better Homes and Gardens

I really love the beautiful boxes on the basic white wire shelf. Takes simple and jazzes it up a bit. Very pretty.

Better Homes and Gardens

So, it's just as I suspected. Everyone besides us has a TV in the bathroom! I just knew it!! Anyway, I think this skinny cabinet is pretty genius. Even though I dont have enough hair to require the products or appliances in here, but I think it's darned smart.

Better Homes and Gardens

How stinkin cute is this little table turned file cart? MUST make this one! I wont tell you that all our paper that needs filing is laying piled up in a very pretty basket, just waiting to be filed. *hangs head in shame*

Better Homes and Gardens

*sigh* This is just dreamy. Need to do this in the loft closet.

Better Homes and Gardens

Ok, now if this isn't one of the smartest things ever, I don't know what is. Pure genius repurposing here. CD/DVD holder turned tupperware lid holders.

Better Homes and Gardens

Lovely, organized pantry.

Better Homes and Gardens

Another genius repurposing here.

Better Homes and Gardens

I have this thing for mudrooms. All the coats and boots put neatly away. I love the cutey little puppy bed in the nook. The chalk & cork boards... love the whole thing.

Better Homes and Gardens

Admit it. You also have the dreaded 'junk' drawer in your house. I will admit, we have 2 of them. Both in the largest drawers in the kitchen. But, give me a little credit... besides those 2 drawers the rest look like this. I do aspire to get the junk drawers de-crapified.

Better Homes and Gardens

Open shelf storage... forces you to be tidy. I have a few open cupboards in my kitchen. Could I ever be organized enough to take all the doors down? I dunno, but I sure would like to!

Organization is bliss!!