Fragrance Girl

Love more ~

I've said it before, and I will say it again. I HATE SUMMER!! *sigh* Yes, I really loathe the heat. I'm more of a Spring/Fall kinda girl. I just have zero energy in the Summer, so not many projects are getting done.

But, this project I've been wanting to do for quite some time. I will say... this one turned out quite differently than I had imagined it, but I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

First, I needed some barn wood. Do you know how hard it is to find just a few pieces of barn wood? Seriously, they want you to take the whole barn! Yeah, no.

I was lucky enough to mention my project to a coworker who told me he had lots of old cedar fence posts. Oh, uhm... perfect!! He even cut them to size for me! Thanks Dean!

I attached them all together with mending plates that I purchased at Home Depot, I white washed it with a tiny bit of paint mixed with glaze. Then, I borrowed a projector from the office and traced my phrase. I then painted it with plain old black paint. It looked a little harsh to me, so I dry brushed the lettering with a tad of white paint. Added hangers to the back... and WA-LA!!

These words were chosen carefully, and mean a lot to me. I'm a worrier by nature. So, I need to focus less on worries and be happier in general. I really love how this little project turned out.

P.S. I will not be happy until I paint my cabinets white... just sayin. :-)

Linking to:

Funky Junk Interiors