Fragrance Girl

The TV!! ~

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! It's been another busy one here at the House of Card's.

It's a fact... the majority of us have, and enjoy, the TV. Ours isnt the biggest, or fanciest... but we definitely enjoy it. I dont enjoy how it looks in the design scheme of things. So, we changed a couple things.

Last weekend, we installed it on the wall. This is easy peasy... right?? Sure! If the bracket you buy comes with all the same size lag bolts. Ours? Are you kidding?!?! We borrowed the coolest stud finder from our friend Don:

It actually shows you a 'picture' of the stud behind the wall. It can also tell you when there is power or metal. We need one of these!!

We attached the bracket to the TV:

We attached the bracket to the wall. We didnt take pics of this because we were bloody and angry with the damn thing. We had to borrow 2 different tools to get the stupid lag bolts into the studs. Thanks Thomas!

We finally placed the TV on the wall:

I've wanted it like this for years. And now, the bracket will be sold with the house when we go.

Then yesterday, I changed up the sideboard to go with the 'cottage' scheme I'm leaning towards. Before:

My trusty tools: Killz primer and Heirloom white spray paint.

Distressed with 240 grit sandpaper and then a coat of Martha Stewart glaze with a gray tint. After:

Oh my word... I BIG FAT <3 spray paint!!

Now... what do we do with the cords?? I have a 'thing' about cords showing. I've no idea and it's driving me mad!!