Fragrance Girl

New Fragrance Launch [A Scent by Issey Miyake Eau de Parfum Florale]

Along with a large proportion of the perfume-buying population, I wore L'Eau d'Issey in the mid-nineties. Issey Miyake is a brand I think of fondly, but since I last bought a bottle of L'Eau d'Issey in about 1995, I haven't properly fallen for an Issey Miyake fragrance.
However, with the launch of their newest fragrance, all that has changed. Today I'm wearing A Scent Eau de Parfum Florale by Issey Miyake and it's gorgeous. As the name suggests, it's a floral flanker to A Scent, which was released in August.

I've been toying with a few rose fragrances, including Nude by Stella McCartney. Nude includes notes of Moroccan rose, grapefruit, peony, pink pepper, vanilla and amber and has a shiny quality which is covetable. A Scent Florale captures this same 'shiny' rose quality. Perhaps it's the mixture of peony and rose that really bring each other to life. The official notes included in A Scent Florale are Jasmine, Rose, Hyacinth, Peony and Ylang, intensified by Galbanum. But for me, it's really the rose that stands out.

A Scent Eau de Parfum Florale is teetering on being my perfect modern rose fragrance (I hate to commit). If you enjoy Parisienne by YSL but find it too sweet, then Issey Miyake's Florale could be just the fragrance you're looking for. Annick Goutal's perfume Rose Splendide is a rose fragrance on a lush green background — also a great one to try.