Fragrance Girl

Perfume Review: Vetiver e Poivre by Dr Vranjes

The other day I came across a fragrant treat by complete accident. At the weekends my husband and I regularly take the children to Wimbledon Common for a walk in the woods. On one of our recent visits, we had a wander through Wimbledon Village and came across Senti. I wish I had taken a photo of the shop front, because it looks so grand and stylish.
Senti sells, among other things, fragrances by Dr Vranjes. The Vetiver e Poivre men’s fragrance by Dr Vranjes is warm and sensual. As soon as I hear ‘pepper’ it reminds me of the typical 1980s ‘oriental’ smell. By the spiciness in Vetiver e Poiver is a lot more restrained – much milder. And the vetiver has none of the powdery nature that I usually associate with it; this vetiver is a lot smoother.
A Valentine's Gift ?
Vetiver e Poivre is altogether a winning combination. It’s smoothness and warmth remind me of what you’d expect from an amber fragrance. However, there are no amber notes that I can detect. I’m considering buying my husband a bottle for Valentine’s day.