Fragrance Girl

Wood & Absinth [Mark Buxton]

This is a masculine fragrance and it's the fragrance I would wear if I were a widower. It’s bare and empty and terribly sad. There’s not a hint of joy in Wood & Absinth. There is definitely a green freshness that reminds me of walking through a forest after a rainfall. But look past that and there’s an emptiness. There’s a slightly medicinal undertone, but it’s very mild.

I’ve smelt perfumes that make me want to skip down the street, but nothing that’s ever provoked a feeling of sadness. Wood & Absinth conveys a feeling of harsh austerity. It’s incredibly evocative, and desperately lonely.

According to Basenotes, Wood & Absinth is constructed like this: Top notes – Citrus, Orange, Clary Sage and Anise. Middle notes – Jasmine and Rosewood. Base notes – Wood and Vetiver.

Buy it if you dare.