Fragrance Girl

Color! {and a space for Meg}

Happy weekend again babies!!

It's been a pretty good weekend here in our little world.

Brandy is doing well, we have a short term plan for her care. We are going to do as little as possible right now, while she's doing ok. She will get a dose of steroids every other day and her breathing medicine only when needed. So far today, she hasn't needed any. It's been a lovely day outside, the windows are open and she has been very active.

Since we weren't able to get a biopsy from her lung (it collapsed when they attempted) we don't know EXACTLY what type of mass it is. The size of the mass was unchanged between her xrays done a month apart. We will do another xray in a couple weeks, and hopefully see no or little growth. That would mean, it's either benign or very slow growing. So, say some prayers that her next xray is unchanged! Will keep you posted!

I mentioned that Merry went to stay with a brother for awhile. I decided to make that room into a guest room/office for Meg. When she left, her old bed stayed here. With her permission, I painted it white. It was just plain old oak before:

If you've noticed, most of the color in my house is pretty muted and soft. Maybe it's because I'm so anxious for Spring, but I decided to actually use some real color in this room. Keep it bright and happy. I decided to switch up this nightstand we've had for some 10+ years.

Now, I love white. It's my favorite color. But with the bed going white I decided this would be a perfect piece to add a pop of color. I decided to go with a bright green. I chose a lovely shade in a spray paint because I wanted a cleaner finish than I normally go for. Took her out to the garage and started painting.

Then, this happened:

Oh lordy. Major fail. And major finger in the phone pic!

I ruined it. Right?!?! Well, I decided to try and save it. By dry brushing it with white. Hah. NICE TRY!!

I screamed to my FB friends "WHAT SHOULD I DO??" and Jane came to my rescue by suggesting adding some pretty wallpaper to the insets and repainting. Wow, yeah... GOOD SUGGESTION! Now, I didn't feel like buying {and searching for} a roll of wallpaper. I looked around the house and found THE PERFECT cardstock! Hey, this could be ok!!

The next day, I went to my local Ace Hardware and bought a quart of Benjamin Moore Tucson Coral. After work, went home, repainted and put the cardstock into place.

And I squealed.

Talk about a nice save!!

Hello bright, happy coral lusciousness!
I love how you look against the blue walls. <3

I had this cardstock tucked away in a drawer.
Hello?!?!

There is still lots in this room I want to change.

The bedding, the rug, I'm going to make shutters for the windows and lots of art.

On the opposite wall, is my little blogging station.

I had this little table I got from World Market a few years ago:

I was into dark furniture at the time.

Decided to leave the top dark and paint the lower portion white.

Moved my favorite chair, ever, to use as a desk chair.

I love everything about this chair:

And that just means, I'm on the lookout for another lovely chair to fill the void in the loft.

Still have lots I want to do in here, but I'm so happy with the way it's turning out.

XOXO

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

I'm baking cookies tonight!! :-)

Linking to:

http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/
http://www.notjustahousewife.net/


http://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/


http://www.livelaughrowe.com/