Fragrance Girl

More board & batten, a miracle and a surprise ~

Hi friends!!

Here it is... Sunday night. I'm sitting in my jammies, watching Harry Potter {cause I'm a total Potter dork} and wondering where the weekend went. Jammies & Potter = comfort.

How was your weekend?? Hopefully it was good, fun or productive.

So, the miracle is: so strange. I surprised my sweetie {Drew} this past Christmas {also his Birthday} with a Canon T3i that he had been drooling over for months. It was a smashing success. He was so surprised and excited. I then inherited his current T2, which is what I've been using since. Love it. We were walking home from a local yard sale on Saturday and he said "I think I would like to trade you my T3i for my old T2. I like the T2 better." Wait, what?!?! I couldn't believe it! But, I took him up on that one. So, I now have a shiny, new to me, Canon T3i to play with! Sweet!!!

Last time I wrote, I mentioned the summer cold that wouldn't die and wanting to use my power tools. Well, I said "Screw the cold." and played with my power tools anyway. No, I didn't frame out the window seat, like I had said I would. Honestly, I think I'm a little skeered. So, instead I added more board & batten. Yup, I've gone board & batten crazy!! Although, since I don't actually do the board portion, should it just be called batten?? I dunno, but I love it.

The space started out like this:

And now... a little board & batten story.

Some of my thoughts during this project:

"Why can't I just build the stuff and get someone else to paint it?!?!'

"Why is it so hard to get white paint to look nice without having to use 5 coats??"

"Why can't I get someone else to clean up after me?!?!"

"Why did I do this instead of the window seat?!?!"

"Should I paint the inside of the door Wythe Blue???"

"Does this board & batten make my butt look big??"

"I have DIY hands. I used to have pretty hands."

So, I cleaned up a little, put away the tools, put the chalkboard back up:

Oh, and then I remembered that I hadn't shown you the basement door with the topper all finished:

See the nasty carpeted stairs? Gah. Oh look... a chicken!

Then, I started futzing again. Moving tables and crap around...

I still have a few more little bits to do. Need to rehang my window frame mirror on the wall behind the table. That takes some help, it's heavy and pretty tricky to hang level. Then, a couple little hooks and cutie things on the B&B.

Still considering the Wythe blue door. I think it would look snazzy.

You can't see the dining room B&B from the front door, but I did this wall a little different, just to shake things up a bit. Oh, and it's painted white to match all the trim. The dining room is painted the same white/cream as the kitchen cupboards.

So, I'm still working through my fear of building the window seat. It will be done. I can visualize the loft now. It will look so great. We will finally have our library/game room and I will have ZERO excuse's not to learn to play chess.

The table that is actually a buffet table is now a console table:

This table has moved all over the main level of the house. This spot, is my favorite. I think it should stay there... maybe.

Oh yes, and that surprise. Well, in said new to me camera, I found these:

I gasped, and cried.

Be still my heart.

We miss her SO much!! Like... Ouch.

Have a great week and I will see you back in a couple days with the All Star Block Party!'

XOXO

P.S. Does anyone know how to turn the stupid scroll lock OFF on this laptop?!?! It's driving me CRAZY! Well, crazier anyway. :-)