Fragrance Girl

Doors and windows and chalk... oh my!! ~

Wow. Is it hot... or what?!?! It's close to 100 and WINDY here! I've never liked the wind. And with the events of the past few days, I like it even less.

Only 128 days until Halloween!! OMG that is an eternity away!

I'm excited to say, I did a little project. :-)

I signed up for the Bloggy Olympics - Paint category.

HatingMartha

I was looking around the house on Sunday, wondering what the heck I was going to do a paint post about. Then I looked at these beauties that have been leaning against the end of my kitchen cabinets for at least 6 months. Just waiting for me to paint them and make them useful again.

These are 2, small, unused cabinet doors from my used to be buffet now entertainment center.

I thought they would be cute painted and hung on the wall to hang stuff on.

I took the old hardware off, painted the centers with chalkboard paint then painted the rest {along with the raised fru fru's} Mourning Dove grey.

A couple days before the big fire, I purchased a cute, old, chippy window with the glass intact.
Purchased some vinyl tree limbs with birdies and added them. I also got some of those nifty chalk pens to use on my chalkboards. So much easier to write with! I've always had issues using chalk. Kinda makes my skin crawl. Ya know??

So, the kitchen looks a little different, but I'm loving the change:

Only as I was hanging the doors did I realize that they aren't quite the same size. Hm. Oh well.

I think these turned out so cute.

I adore my old, chippy window.

I'm liking the change. Soon I will show you where the signs ended up.

Oh, please say some prayers for our baby boy, Maxwell.

The fire/smoke stirred up some gnarly allergies and while at the vet she heard a substantial heart murmur that he didn't have at his last checkup. He is having an echo cardiogram on Wednesday. I'm praying it's just an expensive nothing.

His Momma worries.

Love ya's!

XOXO