Fragrance Girl

Project withdrawl ~

Happy Sunday all my wonderfully nutty friends!

Another BIG shout out to all my new friends.

Last week, with the passing of my Father In Law, I didn't get to work on any projects. I kinda felt lazy and left out. I didn't have anything fun to post about or link up to any of your awesome parties. I did start my own (SO EXCITING!!) link party, but that doesn't really count!

So, since Mr NP was working on Saturday, I got out the trusty paint and brushes and painted our faux fireplace that is currently in the MBR. I LOVE this fireplace. Mr NP got it for me for Christmas quite a few years ago. But, my decorating style has changed since then and it has kinda gotten on my OCD nerve.

It started out like this:

Basic oak faux fireplace. Blah.

True to my nature, I painted this up in the MBR since it is heavy and I'm impatient OH SO CAREFUL when painting.

The much loved cans of paint.

All primed and ready for paint.

After one coat of paint.

It was warm out, so Mirasole was enjoying the open window.

2 coats of paint... and the sun coming out finally.

After 2 coats and sunshine! This is also a good shot of the wall 'before'. Because, I met up with my brother's GF and my adorable Niece Caeleigh at... IKEA!! And, we shopped. Until the store closed. Yeah. We did.

I picked up a couple Lack wall shelves and some other goodies.
Mr NP helped me measure and hang them this afternoon. Here they are pre staging:

Our MBR is so big, that we have several walls this large to fill up. I've got some other ideas I'm working on. But, after a bit of staging, here is how the wall turned out:

You know, I tend to forget just how awesome spray paint is. If I see something I love in the store, but it's not the right color, I tend to pass it by. Why?!?! You can spray paint just about anything. And I will prove it. I got this cute frame at Ikea and it was white. Now, I love white, but I was looking for some pops of color on the white shelves. And the flower pot was an off white... ALL HAIL THE POWER OF SPRAY PAINT:

The little fakey plant is from Ikea as well. Since I have a black thumb, these are perfect for me. And Ikea has some of the most realistic fakey plants I've seen.

A beer bottle with a sprig of freesia, my favorite flower.

The cutey little frames, the lanterns and the cutey little pink vase are all from Ikea.

I bought this sign years ago at Tai Pan in Sandy.

Need to fill the white frames still. I had the silver tall bucket, filled it with plastic wrappers and popped another faux grass plant from Ikea in it.

The cute blue frame on the top shelf used to be white as well. Spray paint to the rescue!

All in all, I'm really thrilled with the way it turned out. Now, I just have to tackle the rest of the plain walls. I hope to show you soon how they turn out!

Don't forget to link up your projects, crafts and recipes to the first Show Off Saturday, open NOW!!

XOXOXO

Linking to:

No Minimalist Here
Stuff And Nonsense
French Country Cottage
The Charm of Home
Common Ground
Miss Mustard Seed
The Not So Functional Housewife