Fragrance Girl

Excitement - The 'Before' ~

I am so excited for it to be Saturday... So I can get to work on this:

A couple weeks ago I saw this table on KSL Classifieds and he was asking $45 for it. I texted him and asked if he would take $40. He texted me back saying 'Yes.'. I was STOKED!! Within a couple minutes he texted me back saying he had just got a full price offer and was taking it. Aw, SNAP!! My search for the perfect Thanksgiving dinner table continued.

Tuesday night, I was again perusing the classifieds and saw a similar table with 2 matching chairs for $50. I had actually seen it floating around for a few weeks and figured I could talk them down since they seemed pretty anxious to get rid of it. I texted, offered $40 and he snatched up my offer! I picked it up the next day. Once Drew and I started unloading it into the garage I realized... this was the exact same table I had really wanted the week before! I got it for the lower price and with the bonus of 2 matching chairs!

Hard to see, but the finish on the chairs is the same as the table.

Here is a close-up of the current finish:

I havent decided if I'm going to change the base. I actually quite like the current finish. The top is going to be sanded and stained a very dark stain, then waxed. So, I think I will wait to see how the current base looks before changing it.

I LOVE the shape of the top and the chunky legs:

There is a leaf, so we can easily now seat 6 instead of just 4.

I'm very excited about this one. I've never done a re-staining before, so this is all new to me. I'm praying she turns out as lovely as I imagine she will.

Hoping to have her all finished and curing in the house by Thanksgiving. Wish me luck!

Have a great weekend!!

XOXOXO