Fragrance Girl

I need my parking space back ~

Hello all! We hope you are having a lovely Fall season! We are really enjoying the cooler weather. We actually got snow last week! :-) Halloween is right around the corner. Love this time of year.

I've had this latest project sitting in my parking spot in the garage since around the 4th of July. With the weather being so hot, I havent gotten the hutspah to get this baby done. But, with the snow flying I've decided I need my covered parking back. :-)

I picked this baby up from KSL classifieds for a slick $20. Yes, just $20. I figured if I ruined it, at that price it wasn't really a big deal. Here is how she looked before (I had already started the primer when I realized I hadn't taken any 'before' pictures):

I really don't like sanding. If I had done this right, I would have sanded it before painting. But, being the impatient person I am... I slapped on a coat of Zinnser primer:

Seriously, it took me another 2 weeks to get 2 coats of paint on this puppy. Then I let it dry overnight and this morning went out to finish her off. I sanded, sanded and distressed her. Then, I did something I've never done before... I put colored wax over the paint. In this case, I used an Ebony colored wax. I waxed, polished, waxed, polished... then I took a product called 'Feed & Wax' which is bees wax and orange oil. I used that to work the wax into all the pits and nooks and to make the waxing look less deliberate. Plus, it smells divine. :-) And here she is in all her distressed glory! (Pretty photo credit goes to Drew, the bad ones are all mine!)

Now I need another project to work on! I finally have my parking spot back and a gorgeous 'new to me' coffee table!

Linking to:

Thrifty Decor Chic
The Not So Functional Housewife
Common Ground
The Shabby Nest
French Country Cottage
The Charm of Home